Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An Old Girl Gets a New Life

When I bought my 2002 Dodge Caravan new, I expected to get my money's worth but after seven years and 119,000 miles, I was ready to send the old gal to the bone yard. With the exception of a few minor repairs and some persistent transmission problems, she ran pretty good. I just thought that no one would want her with the high miles. Then one day, I was talking to my brother in Cleveland. He owns a remodeling and maintenance business and expressed a need for a vehicle that can carry a lot of "stuff." I then knew that the old girl had a new job.

An interesting footnote: One evening, my brother Jim affixed a Cleveland Browns sticker to the rear bumper. The next morning he found it laying on the driveway all mangled and under the rear tire. Dodge's first Smart Car!

1 comment:

Jim said...

A new life is right my brother. She will be on the road for another 100,000 miles. As for the Browns sticker I will use SUPER GLUE next time.
Love ya!